- This event has passed.
August 19 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Level 1, 2 & 3 Certification
DATE: Level 1 & 2 & 3 SATURDAY, Aug. 19th 1:00 – 6:00 PM
LOCATION: Lee’s ATA Martial Arts Tempe – 825 E Guadalupe (Southwest Corner of Rural and Guadalupe Next to Serrano’s Mexican Restaurant)
Location Tel # for directions or day of event questions 480-831-2124
COST: Level 1 & 2 Certification $200.00 Level 3 Certification $399.00
(Many instructors have prepaid this fee through paid in full Level 1, 2, or 3 CTI so check with your Program Director and have them verify in writing if your certification fee is included in your program.)
Please pick up the scoring sheets from your instructor for the Level 1 (white – yellow), Level 2 (camo – purple), Level 3 (blue – red). It is required to have your instructor’s permission to attend the certification camp.
- You will be performing all forms, 1-steps or sparring combinations from the ranks of your level.
- There will be a fill-in-the-blank test on the 4 quadrants and the 10 class management skills and the Black Belt Attributes for memorization.
- You will be teaching life skills assigned to each appropriate level. For the life skills you need to know: What is it? What is it for? What does it look like? And…How do you teach it?
- Each participant will teach two 3-minute segments based on the above mentioned module worksheet. Be prepared to turn in 3 written class planners; one from each of the sample outlines on the scoring sheets.
- Bring Ssahng Jeol Bong and Sparring Gear for the purpose of teaching those topics with structure.
- This certification may have some new content from the Legacy Program that was recently released.
What to Bring:
Instructor Manual, a pen, paper for taking notes and 3 class planners as per the 3 modules for your certification level. Proof of CPR certification (online cert for $25). Level 1 & 2 & 3 must have documented a minimum of 100 hours at each level of assisting teaching time.Snacks/Water as no lunch breaks will be taken only two 15-minute break sessions.
Click these links to access the paperwork you’ll need:
Trainees please come prepared! You must turn in your CPR Certification Early!! Below is a list of places you can get CPR certified. You do not have to attend one of the listed locations this is a reference list for your convenience…
The following information is provided by the American Heart Association –
90 Seconds Can Save a Life
- Hands-Only CPR has just two easy steps: If you see a teen or adult suddenly collapse, (1) Call 911; and (2) Push hard and fast in the center of the chest to the beat of the disco song “Stayin’ Alive.”
- People feel more confident performing Hands-Only CPR and are more likely to remember the correct rate when trained to the beat of a familiar song.
- During CPR, you should push on the chest at a rate of 100 to 120 compressions per minute. The beat of “Stayin’ Alive” is a perfect match for this.
- Watch the 90-second Hands-Only CPR video and share it with the important people in your life.
Warning Signs of a Heart Attack
Some heart attacks are sudden and intense – the “movie heart attack,” where no one doubts what’s happening. But most heart attacks start slowly, with mild pain or discomfort. Often people affected aren’t sure what’s wrong and wait too long before getting help. Read more about the signs that can mean a heart attack is happening here.